Ellis Jones 5 Yume
Creative DirectorsDavid Constantine, Rhodri Ellis-Jones
Team MembersPatrick Staunton, Elise Hanscamp
Yüme works with leading food suppliers to ship surplus stock, that may otherwise have been wasted, to smart hospitality and retail businesses, preventing good food from ending up in landfills. Yüme approached our agency to lead them through the process of evolving their brand identity to reflect their growth beyond a start-up, and hero purpose at the heart of what they do.
We worked with Yüme’s executive leadership team to capture and communicate their brand identity. Through research and workshops, we mapped their key audiences, their values, preferences, and needs, and defined a compelling value proposition to reach them. Our design studio articulated the brand strategy through a visual identity system that speaks to the maturity of the Yüme model and platform, and ‘heros’ the brand purpose, while remaining ownable and differentiated from other players in the market.
We designed and facilitated an organisation wide co-design and creative branding process, culminating in the delivery of:
- A strategic brand identity
- Value proposition and key messaging
- Visual identity (inc. style guide)
- Launch collateral (inc. pitch decks, collateral, social channel badging and content treatments, packaging, identity livery, and website platform UI)
- Unique illustrations created by the agency’s talented artists and designers
- An activation plan outlining brand expression mapped to key customer group journeys.
Armed with a renewed strategic direction, and a visual identity commensurate with experience and scale, Yüme relaunched to market in early 2021.